There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Regardless of the adjectives, we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Reduced fatigue
- Reduced inflammation and swelling
- Reduction in joint stiffness
- Loosens tight muscles
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Aides in the development of muscle and connective tissue reconstruction
- Decreases scar tissue formation
Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits.
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.
All this while providing natural healing. Our licensed therapists will provide you with the right treatment to get you out of pain and feeling great again.
What Makes Our Massage Different
What separates our massage therapy from other businesses that offer massage is that our licensed therapists are under the direction of a supervised physician. This means the patient will receive the highest level of care and knowledge available.